About This Certificate
The purpose of this institutional certificate is to support students wishing to pursue a career in quality management-related fields.
This institutional certificate allows students to earn an industry-recognized credential that will qualify them for beginning-level careers in quality.
What You Will Learn
This certificate will provide training in quality management systems, statistical process control, lean manufacturing, and root cause analysis.
Career And Outcomes
Completion of the above certificate program in Quality Management Systems and related courses can lead to various career opportunities in different industries such as manufacturing, healthcare, information technology, and many more. Here are some potential career opportunities for students who complete this certificate:
- Quality Control Inspector: A Quality Control Inspector is responsible for ensuring that the products or services meet the required standards by conducting tests, inspections, and checks.
- Quality Assurance Analyst: A Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for evaluating and testing products or services to ensure they meet the required quality standards.
- Quality Manager: A Quality Manager is responsible for overseeing the implementation of quality management systems, policies, and procedures to ensure products or services meet customer expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Process Improvement Specialist: A Process Improvement Specialist is responsible for identifying, analyzing, and improving business processes to increase efficiency and reduce costs while maintaining quality standards.
- Lean Manufacturing Specialist: A Lean Manufacturing Specialist is responsible for identifying and eliminating waste in manufacturing processes to improve efficiency and reduce costs while maintaining quality standards.
- Supplier Quality Engineer: A Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the products or services supplied by vendors or suppliers meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Continuous Improvement Manager: A Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and maintain quality standards.
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION AND ADVISING
*This degree is available at various USU locations.
- Brigham City
- Castle Dale
- Cedar City
- Heber City
- Montezuma Creek
- Monument Valley
- Park City
- Price (USU Eastern)
- Roosevelt (Uintah Basin)
- Salt Lake
- St George
- Vernal (Uintah Basin)
**This degree is 100% available online. USU is a SARA-approved institution offering fully online programs nationwide; please visit USU's state authorizations for details.
Take The Next Step
You May Also Be Interested In
Learn the critical skills required to evaluate, develop, implement and manage information systems of all sizes to compete for valuable careers in web development, data engineering, cybersecurity, and more.
Acquire a foundation of key concepts and skills applicable in both private and public sectors, such as analytical, communication, and interpersonal communication skills, coupled with the technical skills needed to support various career paths.
Explore and understand technological systems with customizable coursework to match the career of your choice, whether you’d like to learn more about information and computer systems, cybersecurity, robotics, technical management, or more.