Renter's Insurance

Utah State University is not liable for theft or damage to personal property. Utah State University is also not responsible or liable for any damage or injury of any kind including loss of personal property, death, or bodily injury to a resident, or to a guest of a resident. Any claims for damage or injury arising from a resident's own negligence is hereby expressly waived and Utah State University and its employees are released from any and all liability for such injury.

To have protection from the possibility of property losses or personal injury, residents are strongly encouraged to have their room/apartment property and personal belongings insured. Establish individual coverage or check your parent’s existing homeowner’s policy for coverage options. Personal possessions should be marked and engraved with names and drivers license number.

Use the links below to see helpful renter's insurance information with reviews for top rated insurance companies:

Renter's insurance can be purchased through most local insurance companies, or you can obtain coverage through these companies who specialize in student renter’s insurance: