If you are a parent who is interested in what your student is learning, or you are acting as a delegate for your student who may be on a leave, please click the button below.
Setting your Password and retrieving your A-Number
Make sure you do this before you start your New Student Orientation.
New Student Orientation Modules
Summer/Fall 2021 online orientation modules avaialable.
Summer/Fall 2021 Incoming Students
The New Student Orientation process contains five modules* (see descriptions below). To deliver the correct information at the right time, module one opens in March, and module five will be completed during your first semester at USU. Modules two, three, and four will help you register for classes, prepare to begin at USU, and give you final reminders before you arrive on campus. The fifth module will give you information that is relevant once you have started your first semester.
Incoming students can register for summer/fall 2021 classes starting in a few months , based on earned credit hours on your Utah State transcript. Module two will tell you everything you need to know and do prior to registration (you will have a registration hold until you complete module two).
If you are still unsure if you are attending Utah State University, we recommend that you begin New Student Orientation, and register for classes as if you are attending. It is very easy to get a refund of your orientation fee, and to drop classes if you decide not to attend.
New Student Orientation Consists of Five Modules
Module 1: Pre-Registration
Open March 1 - Covers all the preparations you can start now. Learn how much USU will cost, how to set up housing, and how to do the FAFSA, among other things.
Module 2: Registration
Open March 22 - Covers everything you need to know to select classes and register for them. Learn how your previously-earned credits apply at USU, know what classes you should take, and how to register yourself for classes.
Module 3: Aggie Orientation
Open May 31 - In addition to your online orientation, we’ve created opportunities for personal interaction with current USU students and ways to begin building a community with your fellow incoming Aggies. You simply need to complete orientation module three online; all of the following are optional ways to supplement your orientation to USU:
- Aggie Chats: Each Wednesday evening in June and July, members of the A-Team, our student orientation staff, will host a Zoom meeting with incoming students to discuss campus life, share tips, answer your questions, and introduce you to other incoming students.
- Aggie Info Sessions: If public health guidance regarding COVID-19 allows, we will have optional 3-hour on-campus info sessions in June and July for incoming students and their parents. These are supplemental to the online orientation and meant to build community, introduce you to campus, and help you meet other incoming Aggies. You can sign up for a date now (sign-up in module 1), but since these may be cancelled at short notice due to updated public health guidance, students and parents should not make extensive travel arrangements to attend.
- Aggie New Student Podcast: Listen on major podcast platforms for up-to-date information about starting at USU this summer or fall semester.
- Instagram @USUATEAM Follow for deadline reminders and other helpful information.
- Freshman Hotline: Current students are available to answer questions Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call (435) 797-0283.
Module 4: Pre-Semester
Open August 2 - Covers all the last-minute details you need to know before the semester begins as well as required campus safety trainings for all incoming students. Learn where to park to move in, how to hook up utilities if you live off-campus, and what you need to discuss with roommates on day one.
Module 5: First Semester
Open September 6 - Covers all the things you need to know during your first semester. Learn essential campus safety information, mental health resources, roommate conflict resolution, and much more.