Credit by Exam

Utah State University will grant college credit for qualifying scores, as listed in the General Catalog, on a variety of standardized examinations, including Advanced Placement (AP), College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Standardized Subject Tests (DSST), International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), and New Emerging World Languages (NEWL). Standardized tests will be recorded on the transcript as transfer credit and will receive a CR (credit) grade.

To transfer exam credit, official scores from the testing institution will need to be sent to the USU Admissions Office. Credit awarded may depend on the score received and the year the exam was taken.

Still have questions? Contact us to provide feedback about this page or ask a question.