Military Credit

If you have served in the United States Armed Forces, you may be granted elective credit once you are enrolled at USU. The number of elective credits granted depends on the length of your military service. Other military credit may be accepted for transfer, if such credit meets university requirements. The Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services is used by articulation personnel for determining transfer of credit. Qualified applicants must submit form DD214, form DD295, or a Joint Services Transcript (JST) to the USU Admissions Office. Military credit will initially only be given elective credit with a passing grade. Please meet with your USU advisor if you wish to have your military credit considered for transfer credit other than elective.

For more information, visit

Still have questions? Contact us to provide feedback about this page or ask a question.