Student Technology Resources
Minimum Computer Specs
A machine that meets the following requirements will be sufficient for classroom required applications and available optional applications.
- 1.6GHZ processor with minimum 2 cores
- 8GB Memory/Ram
- 250GB Storage.
- High speed internet (WiFi or Wired) - Minimum 1 Mbps download speed
- Microphone/input jack
- Webcam (Built-in or USB)
- Chrome Browser - You will need it for proctored exams and other web based programs
Here's a more detailed list of computer specifications.
Canvas ResourcesCanvas is used for assignment submission, file distribution, and class communication.
- Canvas Overview
- Canvas Notifications (forward messages to email or mobile app)
- Submit Video Assignment
- Embed Image in Discussion Reply
Proctorio allows students to take tests remotely, while ensuring that all testing requirements are met and verifiable.
Turnitin is a plagiarism checking software that students can use to make sure they are citing sources properly within written homework.
Use Ally to access alternative formats for your class documents, and other materials.