Skip to content
Elements of an Effective Persona
- Persona Category Name
- Fictional Name
- Employment Status/Major Responsibilities
- Physical, Social and Technological Environment
- Quote or Statement That Sums Up What Matters to Persona
- Image/Picture Representing Category
- Preferred Marketing and Media Channels
- Theme, Positioning Statement or Offer
Steps to Creating Personas
- Identify the question/problem you’re trying to solve and define persona categories you’d like to focus on.
- Who is our audience?
- What do we offer them?
- What is our service personality?
- How will we communicate to them with relevance?
- How do we visually express this message with relevance?
- Build Your Persona
- Identify existing data.
- Identify additional data not currently available.
- Determine methods (Survey, Focus Group) for gathering additional data.
- Develop Your Persona
- Compile and define your personas utilizing audience data.
- Map audience journeys through customer life cycle and define content strategies.
- Ensure personas are visible, actionable, shareable and always evolving. Share with relevant internal/external stakeholders to ensure adoption.
- Test Your Personas
- Utilize A/B testing and other tactics to test your personas to determine if guidelines are accurate or needs to be adjusted.
- Campaign results will evolve and strengthen personas.
- Adapt Your Persona
- Adapt personas to everchanging data and campaign feedback.