Utah State University Open Access Computing Facilities Policy Statement
Location and Hours
- Closed USU Holidays
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Bridge
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Lightroom Classic
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Android Studio
- BIOVIA Discovery Studio
- Blend for Visual Studio
- Eclipse Cpp
- Eclipse Java
- Eclipse Jee
- Eclipse Php
- Google Chrome
- IntelliJ IDEA
- JetBrains CLion
- JetBrains PyCharm
- Jet Brains Web Storm
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Word
- Mozilla Firefox
- Visual Paradigm
- Visual Studio
- Visual Studio Code
- VLC Media Player
- (25) HP Z24n G2 24-inch Displays
- (25) HP Z2 Workstations
- Windows 10
- Intel Core i7 8th Gen 8700 CPU @ 3.2 GHz
- 1TB Solid State Storage
- 32 GB RAM
- NVIDIA Quadro P1000 Graphics Card
- (10) HP E240 24-inch Display
- (10) HP Z2 Workstations
- Windows 10
- Intel Core i7 6700 CPU @ 3.2GHz
- 250 GB Storage
- 16 GB Ram
- Intel Core i7 6700 CPU @ 3.2GHz
- NVIDIA Quadro K620 Graphics Card
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to print?
|Black and White||Color|
Do you have a lost and found?
We only keep items that have been left inside the lab. If you left something in the labs ask one of the consultants if it has been turned in. If you lost an item somewhere else in the ESLC building check the building's designated lost and found.
- ESLC lost and found: Room 140
How do I add money to my USU card?
Yes, you can add money to your USU account by going to the Card Office website located on the back of the card.
Can I use the lab if I forgot my USU ID card?
Yes, just go to https://myid.usu.edu/account and show us your student information. We will then type your A-Number into the card reader manually.
Can I print from my laptop?
Yes, but you will need to download and install the Campus Print driver before you print.
Can I schedule a test to be proctored or a class in the computer lab?
Yes, for scheduling please email email@example.com
For questions or concerns please contact us at the following:
Lab Admission Requirements
USU's Open Access Computing Facilities are funded, in part or in full, by a self-imposed fee paid by students at registration. Much of the hardware and software in the facilities has been made available by vendors for educational use of students only. Because of these considerations, only verifiable USU students are entitled to use the facilities.
- A user will be admitted to an Open Access Computing Facility when:
- The user's own USU ID card is presented and validated by the Aggie ID card facility.
- Current US Faculty/Teaching Staff will be admitted upon presentation of the user's own USU ID card, when space is available, for the purpose of developing class assignments which will require the use of the open access facilities.
- No one will be admitted to a lab on any other form of ID, or for any other payment or consideration.
Appropriate Use of the Facilities
- Open Access Computing Facilities are for educational purposes only. The facilities may not be used for commercial, religious, political, funded-research or illegal purposes.
- Theft, failure to observe copyright laws, and/or tampering with networks will place violators in jeopardy of prosecution through law enforcement and University agencies.
- Lab consultants are provided to assist the users with questions and to help with hardware and software problems, but they will not do students' homework!
- Stations left unattended for more than 10 minutes may be reassigned to another user.
- Printing must be done in increments of 20 pages or less. Longer print jobs will be accommodated by prior arrangement only. Long print jobs will be released for printing when other printing demands are low.
- Laser printer charges:
- Each student begins each semester with a 35 page "free laser balance" in a campus-wide database maintained by the Aggie Express System.
- Laser printout can only be obtained by deduction against a user's own USU ID Card "free laser balance" or, when that balance is exhausted, against Aggie Express Debit Balance, see above for cost per page. Under no circumstances will the lab staff accept any other form of payment. Page charges cannot be made to departmental or other university funds. Cash cannot be accepted. Unused portions of the free allotment are not credited to the user, not carried forward to subsequent semesters, and not transferable.
- Lab consultants are authorized to deny lab access to any person who does not comply with the policies described above and relevant policies in the USU Student Code. Policy violations may also be referred to the Office of the Vice President for Student Services.
Everybody's safety is a top concern at the USU CS Department. For further information on standard operation procedures, hazard identification, and training, go to the online tools and materials of the USU EHS office.
Relevant University Policies and State & Federal Laws
- Harassment and unsolicited communications:
- USU Student Code, Article V, Sec 3. Para 19,22,23
- Utah Criminal Code Section 76-8-705
- USU Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy,
- Utah's Antidiscrimination Act (Section 34-35-1 et seq.)
- Section 703, Title 7 of the U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Unauthorized access, alteration , or disclosure of another user's files:
- USU Student Code, Article V, Sec 3. Para 23a
- Utah Criminal Code Section 76-6-703
- Disruption of computing service to others:
- USU Student Code, Article V, Sec 3. Para 23d&f
- Utah Criminal Code Section 76-6-703(4)
- Software licensing violations, plagiarism, invasion of privacy:
- The EDUCOM Code of Software and Intellectual Rights