USU Emergency Management prepares the university community for emergencies and major disasters through planning, training, establishing policies, and coordination of information and resources. The department directs the planning, mitigation, response, and recovery activities for all USU locations.
Emergency Management manages the USU Aggie Alert system, which alerts the campus community when there is a significant emergency, crime on campus, or safety concern.
Downloadable information sheets with preparedness tips for specific disasters or emergencies.
- Family Disaster Plan Template - English
- Family Disaster Plan Instructions - English / Spanish
- Earthquake Checklist
- Earthquake Handbook - Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country
- Winter Storm Checklist
- Flood Checklist
- Thunderstorms Checklist
- Tornado Checklist
- Power Outage Checklist
- Smart911: Create Your 911 Safety Profile
Emergency Operations Plan
All university departments and campus units should have a plan to respond to a variety of emergencies.
Locations and regions will have specific situations that arise; the template below can be downloaded and tailored to your specific needs.
Emergency Response Plan Template:
Emergency Response Plan Walk-through:
- If you haven't completed an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) before, please contact Emergency Management to schedule a training by reaching out to email@example.com.
- Emergency Procedures Brochure
Annual Emergency Management Report
Utah State University Emergency Management