The Fire Marshal focuses on the prevention of fires on campus and seeks to eliminate their causes, ensuring the safety of all students, employees, and visitors to the USU campus.
- Interprets and enforces state of Utah fire and life safety codes.
- Reviews all proposed construction and remodel projects.
- Conducts annual fire safety inspections for all buildings.
- Tests fire detection systems and alarms monthly.
- Inspects and tests sprinkler systems quarterly.
- Provides fire prevention and fire extinguishing training.