Graduate Funding Opportunities
Graduate Enhancement Awards
The USUSA Graduate Enhancement Award is an award meant to support the outstanding graduate students at USU who have consistently shown a track record of excellence. The award is granted to twenty students per funding cycle (this year, 40 students to represent two cycles) that show a history of using the knowledge gained through educational opportunities to contribute to USU campus, local and national communities, and their professional field to foster lasting change. All full-time graduate students can apply, even if you are graduating this year.
Requirements for this award are as follows:
- Eligible applicants are full-time, matriculated graduate students in good standing (this includes former recipients)
- Applicants must submit a signed PDF letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor
- Applicants must submit an unofficial USU graduate transcript
- Applicants must submit a 2,500 character limit essay for the following prompt:
How have you have shown the history of using knowledge gained through educational opportunities to contribute to Utah State University campus, to local and national communities, and to your professional field to foster lasting change.
How to apply:
- To apply for the Graduate Enhancement Award, you should first login to ScholarshipUniverse and click on "Scholarships" on the left side panel. At the top of the page, find "Search Scholarships" and search "Grad Enhancement". The application will be the first one listed.
- Fill out and submit the application. After submitting, scholarships and grants for which you are eligible will appear under your Dashboard. Here you should find the GEA award listed under "SA Graduate Enhancement". You may go back and edit your application after submitting.
- Click on SA Graduate Enhancement to enter your 2,500 character limit essay and upload required materials. *Note: the question on higher education is not directly related to the Graduate Enhancement Award but serves as a general prompt in the case of a tie breaker.
- Submit the application under the SA Graduate Enhancement Award
- Twenty Recipients • $4000.00 award
- Apply for graduate enhancement awards
- For more information, please contact the Graduate Director
Applications due: April 1, 2022
Graduate Research and Creative Opportunities (GRCO) Grant
In the spring of 2016, the Student Involvement and Leadership Center partnered with the Office of Research and Graduate Studies to transform the existing Utah State University Student Association Research and Projects Award program to the Graduate Research and Creative Opportunities (GRCO) Grant Program. GRCO, funded by the Student Involvement and Leadership Center, was established in 2016 to support worthy independent student projects that advance a student’s professional development and contributes to the scientific community
Projects will be evaluated by both faculty members and graduate students from your respective fields of study. Excellent proposals will be concise, clear, descriptive, persuasive, and easy to follow. The grants are awarded to high quality projects.
Applications open: May 20, 2022
Application due: June 17, 2022
- At least twelve recipients • Up to $1000 award
- For more information, please contact the Graduate Senator
Applications can be found at grco.usu.edu/apply