Graduate Funding Opportunities
Graduate Enhancement Awards
The USUSA Graduate Enhancement Award (GEA) is an award supporting outstanding graduate students at USU who have a consistent track record of excellence in academics, contribution to their field of study, advancing knowledge through education, and service to their communities.
Requirements for this award are as follows:
- Eligible applicants are full-time, matriculated graduate students in good standing (this includes former recipients)*.
- Applicants must submit a signed PDF letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor.
- Applicants must submit information outlining academic excellence, community service, education advancement, and contributions to your field of study.
- Applicants USU graduate transcript will also be used as part of the review process.
How to apply:
- To apply for the Graduate Enhancement Award, you should first login to ScholarshipUniverse and click on "Scholarships" on the left side panel. At the top of the page, find "Search Scholarships" and search "Grad Enhancement". The application will be the first one listed.
- Fill out and submit the application. After submitting, scholarships and grants for which you are eligible will appear under your Dashboard. Here you should find the GEA award listed under "SA Graduate Enhancement". You may go back and edit your application after submitting.
- Submit the application under the SA Graduate Enhancement Award
- Twenty Recipients • $4000.00 award
- Apply for graduate enhancement awards
- For more information, please contact the Graduate Director
Applications due: April 1, 2023
*Applicants must be Logan campus students to be eligble for funding.
Graduate Research and Creative Opportunities (GRCO) Grant
In the spring of 2016, the Student Involvement and Leadership Center partnered with the Office of Research and Graduate Studies to transform the existing Utah State University Student Association Research and Projects Award program to the Graduate Research and Creative Opportunities (GRCO) Grant Program. GRCO, funded by the Student Involvement and Leadership Center, was established in 2016 to support worthy independent student projects that advance a student’s professional development and contributes to the scientific community
Projects will be evaluated by both faculty members and graduate students from your respective fields of study. Excellent proposals will be concise, clear, descriptive, persuasive, and easy to follow. The grants are awarded to high quality projects.
Applicants must be Logan campus students to receive funding.
Applications open: June 1, 2023
Application due: June 15, 2023
- At least twelve recipients • Up to $1000 award
- For more information, please contact the Graduate Senator
Applications can be found at grco.usu.edu/apply