Course Specific Handouts
- Plan. Have a plan that allows for adequate study time. If it doesn't get planned, it probably doesn't happen.
- Start Early. Don't wait until the last second to start on an assignment. Anything new takes time to learn, so start early.
- Regular Schedule. Spread studies out at regular intervals throughout the week. Trying to do too much all at once can be overwhelming and frustrating.
- Learning Environment. Sit upright in a comfortable chair in a location that minimizes distractions.
- Practice | Repetition. Do multiple versions of the problems you are working on and rework problems shown in lecture. Repetition leads to subject mastery.
The following are additional handouts focused on acheiving success in mathematics and statistics:
- How to be Successful in College Mathematics
- How to Read a Math Textbook
- Learning Mathematics
- How to Take Notes in Mathematics
- Five Finger Relaxation • Relieve Anxiety
- Ten Tips to Online Learning
USU is dedicated to helping students succeed. The following are links to additional resources:
- Academic Support Home Page | Resources for students to help prepare them to be successful at the university level.
- Student Academic Support Courses | Courses offered by Utah State to help with planning, reslience, reading, and STEM.
- Study Smart Kit | List of online resources to help a student acheive academic success at college.
- USU Tutoring Directory | Other tutoring resources on and off campus.