Online Peer Review
To help ensure a department’s high standard of instruction is maintained, we encourage a department representative to peer review & observe online courses, the instructor, and curriculum. For each completed course evaluation1, USU Online will transfer $100 to the department2.
Reviews can be completed using the "Course Evaluation" tool, built into Canvas. The tool has been developed to follow USU's Online Course Quality Rubric. A thorough review should take approximately 1 - 2 hours to complete.
- The department submits a course peer review request (include: reviewer’s name, index# for transfer, instructor’s name, & course number).
- The Course Evaluation Tool is added to the course.
- The Reviewer is given access to the course and sent the instructions to complete the review.
- Select Course Evaluation (open in a new window)
- Select Start New Evaluation
- Select USU Course Rubric Evaluation > Peer Review
- The reviewer completes the “USU Course Rubric Evaluation”
- When the review is complete, select Download and Download As PDF.
- Reviewer sends the PDF to email@example.com. The department may also use the evaluation for internal discussion, provide the complete review to the instructor, and/or refer the instructor to CIDI for course improvements.
- Funds are transferred from USU Online to the index# provided by the department.
For additional questions concerning the Online Course Reviews, please contact:
Director of USU Online