Payment Options Explained
Payments can be made at the Registrar’s Office with cash/check or online through the TouchNet payment system with debit/credit cards and web checks. Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, or web check are all available for online transactions. Debit/Credit and web check transaction are only available online.
Direct Payment Options Explained
Students may pay their tuition and fees with a credit/debit card. USU currently accepts, Visa MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. A 2.75 percent convenience fee will be assessed for payment by credit/debit card. This equates to an additional fee of $27.50 for every $1,000 paid through credit/debit card. In addition, credit/debit card interest fees may apply for unpaid balances to the credit/debit card company. Credit/Debit Card payments can only be made online.
Cash and money orders are accepted for tuition payments, transcripts, and other fees and payments due. Money orders must be made out to Utah State University, and must include the student A-number.
The University does not release surplus funds directly to the student as cash. A credit on the student's account may be refunded through check to the student by the University via direct deposit or most current mailing address on file.
- If your check is returned by your bank for any reason, the University will refer your account to Credit Service of Logan for collection of the check.
- A $20 fee is charged for each returned check if paid within 15 days. A second $20 late fee is charged if paid after 16 days but before 30 days. Damages are charged after 30 days. You must work directly with Credit Service of Logan to avoid any additional fees. You may contact Credit Service of Logan at (435) 752-2660.
- A hold is placed on your transcript until the check and the fees have been paid.
- If your Web Check is returned by your bank for any reason, you must make payment again and include the assessed fee with your payment.
- A $20 fee is charged for each returned web check for insufficient funds. A $10 special processing fee will be assessed for each web check returned for any other reason, which may include an incorrect, invalid, or missing account number or bank routing number.
- Make payment again and include the insufficient funds or special processing fee.
Deferments and Payment Plans Explained
Payment plans allow students to defer a portion of their tuition into four monthly installments. A $50 fee is required at enrollment plus any payments that are due at the time of sign up. There is a $20 late fee each month for missed payments. There are two payment options to choose from so be sure to select the appropriate one. Other payment plans are also available.
Since deferred payments are loans, students will be considered to be in default if their deferred payments are not received by the due dates. Students who drop classes after the 100 percent refund period has passed will still be obligated to pay in full. Withdrawal or dropping classes does not cancel these loans. If the loan amount is not paid in full by the due date, loans may be placed with a collection agency which will significantly increase costs.
Students have to sign up for a payment plan online.
If you believe you qualify and do not see this waiver in your Account Summary by Term in ACCESS, contact Human Resources at (435) 797-1805. If you are unsure if you qualify, please contact Human Resources at (435) 797-1805 or the Registrar's Office at 435 797-1116.
Similar to Faculty/Staff waivers, the Tuition Reduction form (found here) must be submitted to Human Resources Office or the Registrar's Office in person or by fax.
Petition To Waive Surcharge
The Utah State Board of Regents policy mandates that students who take credit hours determined to be in excess of the degree program requirements are charged out-of-state tuition. The policy permits a student to petition for a waiver if the excessive credits are necessary for the completion of the student’s program of study. This petition is submitted, and if approved, will waive the nonresident tuition surcharge for credit hours determined to be in excess of the degree program requirements. Read more Information
Loans, Financial Aid, & Scholarship Options Explained
Entrance Interview and Loan Counseling
For More Information About Perkins Loans, contact Financial Aid:
Location: Taggart Student Center Room 106 (Logan Campus)
USU Financial Aid Office
1800 Old Main Hill
Logan, Utah 84322-1800
Short-Term Emergency Loans
For detailed information, please follow the link below. The link will transfer you to the Financial Aid Page. Where to apply, when and where,the check will be available, and where to repay the loan, and more information about the Emergency Loan, and other options are available at the Financial Aid Overview page.
Still have questions?
Read our questions about tuition payments or call for help at (435) 797-1116.