USU's SMAC Scores Seven National Marketing and Design Awards
Monday, Oct. 15, 2018
USU-Online wraps were featured on Utah Transit Authority (UTA) buses and Front Runner trains throughout Salt Lake county.
Billboards were strategically located on highway state entry points welcoming visitors to Utah.
The 2017 USU viewbook received the gold award as the top entry in UPCEA's most competitive marketing design category.
The University Professional and Continuing Education Association awarded Utah State University’s Student Marketing & Communications team seven marketing awards in the following categories:
- Annual/Anniversary Report/Magazine, Gold – 2017 USU Viewbook
- Interactive Media Campaign, Silver – Online MBA Campaign
- Outdoor Billboard/Signage, Silver – This Is Our State Billboard Campaign
- Transit, Silver – USU Online Bus Wrap Campaign
- Website, Silver – USU Admissions Website
- Brochure/Booklet, Bronze – Academic & Instructional Services Highlights Booklet
- Television, Bronze – USU Online TV Spots
Each of the competition’s categories had hundreds of high-quality submissions from universities across North America.
“We have a talented and highly skilled group of designers, video producers, writers, developers and managers who collaborate to interpret our clients’ needs and turn them into powerful messages that reach wide audiences,” said Jay Wright, SMAC’s marketing director. “Being recognized with the gold award for the viewbook is a big deal since it’s probably the most competitive overall category. Our senior brand designer, Ashlee Karren, and the design team, as well as our marketing manager, Lance Leatham, crushed it.”
Each submission was judged based on five categories, including: a consistent and effective message; concept, writing, and graphics integration; and a design reinforcing the purpose, content and organization of the campaign.
- - Jay Wright, Director, Student Marketing and Communications, 435-797-2080