Building off a strong fall semester, Utah State student-athletes continued to perform well in the classroom this spring, resulting in a record-setting school year.
For the 2019-20 academic year, the Aggies earned a combined grade point average of 3.36. In the spring semester alone, they compiled an overall GPA of 3.51, shattering the semester record of 3.32 set last fall. Additionally, this year marked the first time that all of USU's teams earned a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
The spring semester highlighted Utah State's best term (3.41) and cumulative (3.24) GPA for its male student-athletes since USU began documenting academic success in 2004-05. Utah State's women's student-athletes had a 3.61 term and 3.49 cumulative GPA, respectively, during the spring.
Other academic highlights included:
- Highest term GPA for the football program in school history with a 3.03
- 85.5 percent (296 of 346) of the student-athletes made a 3.0 GPA or higher
- 5 student-athletes competed in their respective sport while enrolled in graduate school courses
- 40 Aggies made the Dean's List, an academic honor roll recognizing students who achieved at least a 3.50 GPA in 15 or more graded credits.
Term GPAs for Spring Semester
- Men's Basketball – 3.261
- Women's Basketball - 3.324
- Men's Cross Country - 3.596
- Women's Cross Country - 3.810
- Football - 3.313
- Men's Golf - 3.516
- Gymnastics – 3.542
- Softball - 3.518
- Women's Soccer - 3.658
- Men's Tennis - 3.446
- Women's Tennis - 3.591
- Men's Track and Field – 3.584
- Women's Track & Field - 3.689
- Women's Volleyball – 3.751
Aggie fans can follow the Utah State athletic program on Twitter, @USUAthletics, Facebook at /USUAthletics and on Instagram, @USUAthletics.