USU Emergency Management prepares the university community for emergencies and major disasters through planning, training, establishing policies, and coordination of information and resources. The department directs the planning, mitigation, response, and recovery activities for all USU locations.
Emergency Management manages the USU Alert system, which alerts the campus community when there is a significant emergency, crime on campus or safety concern.
Downloadable information sheets with preparedness tips for specific disasters or emergencies.
- Family Disaster Plan Template - English
- Family Disaster Plan Instructions - English / Spanish
- Earthquake American Red Cross Checklist
- Earthquake Handbook - Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country
- Winter Storm American Red Cross Checklist
- Flood American Red Cross Checklist
- Thunderstorms American Red Cross Checklist
- Tornado American Red Cross Checklist
- Power Outage American Red Cross Checklist
Emergency Operations Plan
All university departments and campus units should have a plan to respond to a variety of emergencies. Each area of campus has its own specific situation, but the template below can be downloaded and tailored to your specific needs. For any questions, email email@example.com.