The Legacy of Utah State Award is given each year to recognize and emphasize a student who represents the heart and soul of the university. Students should show a commitment to the institution and their program of study, as well as demonstrate internal involvement and service, department dedication, perseverance during times of adversity, and contribution behind the scenes.
The Nomination Process
The dean is to appoint a committee with students, faculty, and administrative representation to select an average, but committed student from each college. A committee with representatives from each college reviews each submission. This committee selects the winner of the "Legacy of Utah State Award" from the eight college nominees. The person is recognized at the annual Robins Awards.
For questions, please contact Suzanne Thorpe in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at email@example.com or (435) 797-9250.
Submissions due January 31, 2023.
The recipient shall have participated in the following manner:
- Commitment to institution and their program of study
- Internal involvement and service
- Department dedication
- Perseverance during times of adversity
- Contribution behind the scenes
- Hard worker and good work ethic
- Must be a Utah State University student
Please prepare the following with a maximum of 8 pages total length, approximately 12 point font.
- Nominee's contact information
- Nomination letter from the Dean of the college (.pdf)
- Letter of support from the department head (.pdf)
- Letter of support from the faculty who nominated the student. If the faculty member is the dean, associate dean or department head, provide a letter of support from another faculty member or advisor (.pdf)
- Contact information for the nominee (.pdf)
- Nominee photo (.jpg 600 x 600 pixels minimum)
- Christina Morrisett | Quinney College of natural Resources | 2022
- Ashley Morrey | Jon M. Huntsman School of Business | 2021
- Katherine Ashley | Jon M. Huntsman School of Business | 2020
- Kathryn Orme | College of Agriculture & Applied Science | 2019
- Tien Thuy Lindsay | College of Science | 2018
- Erik Gray | Emma Eccles Jones College of Education & Human Services | 2017
- Dallin Wengert | College of Agriculture and Applied Science | 2016
- Cathy Mangum | College of Science | 2015
- Tommy Thompson | S.J. & Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources | 2014
- Kasondra Payne | College of Humanities & Social Sciences | 2013
- Lisa Boyd | College of Natural Resources | 2012
- Caleb Kauffman | College of Natural Resources | 2011
- Andrew J. Hobson | College of Engineerin | 2010
- Heather Barger | Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services | 2009
- Bradley Hintze | College of Science | 2008
- Coby Champneys | College of Agriculture | 2007