Creating Accessible InDesign Content
- If you are creating a PDF document from InDesign, there are some fixes you can make in Acrobat. However, it is generally much easier to ensure the document is built accessibly in InDesign.
- Besides the technical aspects of the document, there are also considerations around the design itself. Web Accessibility for Designers is a great overview of things to consider.
When creating content in InDesign it is important to make sure that content is accessible. There fantaststic resources available online to help you create content or you can also reach out to accessibility services for assistance.
- Adobe InDesign Official Accessibility Documentation including:
- InDesign Accessibility from Penn State
- Creating Accessible PDFs with Adobe InDesign CC Video Tutorial (56 minutes)
- Creating a more accessible PDF in Adobe InDesign Video Tutorial (11 minutes)