Our Wellness Program is aimed at providing programs and resources that enhance the overall well-being of students, directly impacting their acedemic and post-graduation success.
Wellness encompasses 8 mutually interdependent dimensions. Attention must be given to all the dimensions, as neglect of any one over time will adversely affect the others, and ultimately one’s health, well-being, and quality of life. They do not, however, have to be equally balanced. We should aim, instead, to strive for a “personal harmony” that feels most authentic to us. We naturally have our own priorities, approaches, and aspirations, including our own views of what it means to live life fully.
- Emotional—Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships
- Environmental—Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being
- Financial—Satisfaction with current and future financial situations
- Intellectual—Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
- Occupational—Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work
- Physical—Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep
- Social—Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
- Spiritual—Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life
Join our yoga instructors for guided meditations to help reduce stress and increase focus.
Aggies Think, Care, Act
Aggies THINK about our peers, our campus, and society.
Aggies CARE about the well-being of others and the health of our environment.
Aggies ACT to make a difference.