COVID-19 Update on Residency
If you are currently establishing Utah residency and need to leave the state due to COVID-19, time spent outside Utah will not impact your residency status.
Utah Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Priority deadline to meet the tuition and fee payment: August 1, 2020
- Final deadline: September 21, 2020
- Priority deadline to meet the tuition and fee payment: December 1, 2020
- Final deadline: February 1, 2021
Apply for Residency
Do you meet one of the following requirements:
- You are an active duty U.S. Military service member or veteran.
- You are a dependent of a U.S. Military service member or veteran.
How to Apply
Because you meet one of the military exemptions listed above, you will need to complete the "Application for In-State Tuition Based Upon Military Service Exemption". Please print and complete the form, and include the documentation listed on page two that corresponds with your exception. You may submit the documentation to http://resdoc.usu.edu or to the information listed at the top of the application form.Download Form
How to Apply
Please fill out the online application for residency. If you are unable to submit required documentation, you must provide a written statement, including your name, A-number and an explanation of why you are unable to provide the documentation. You should know that providing the written statement does not waive the required documentation.Online Application
For further residency information, please contact the USU Admissions Office:
Taggart Student Center 102
0160 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-0160