Congrats on your decision to attend Utah State University! We're excited for you to join our Aggie family and share in the rich traditions at Utah State. Please take time to review your next steps which will navigate you through the transition of becoming a student at USU. Note: Separate next steps are available for students admitted to USU Eastern in Price, Blanding, and international undergraduate students.
ad•mit•ted stu•dent: applied, been accepted, and can’t wait to attend Utah State
1. Submit Your FAFSA (optional)
This allows USU to offer you the maximum amount of federal, state, and institutional aid to help pay for school. Completing the FAFSA usually takes less than an hour and can pay big dividends.
2. Create Your USU Password
Your USU password requires you to know your A-Number and is used to log in to most USU systems.
3. Apply for Additional Scholarships (optional)
You are already considered for academic scholarships if you applied by the deadline, but many nonacademic awards and additional scholarships require a separate application and will have different deadlines.
4. Confirm Your Enrollment:
Pay the Enrollment Deposit
Defer Your Admission
A deferal is for admitted students who have not started classes at USU, and need to delay their admission to a future semester.
Pay your enrollment deposit to complete the following steps.
5. Sign a Contract for On-Campus Housing (optional)
Although living on campus for first-year students is not required, sign a contract early. On-campus housing fills up quickly and spaces are not guaranteed. Contracts in Logan are available to incoming students who pay the enrollment deposit. Applications for on-campus housing open:
- Fall/Spring Semester Applications: Opens in October
6. Begin Orientation Online
This five-module orientation is completed over the course of several months, giving you information at the time you need it. Orientation for students opens:
- Fall/Summer Semesters: Opens in Mid-February
- Spring Semester: Opens in October
7. Register for Classes
Orientation will tell you everything you need to select classes, speak with your academic advisor, and register on time. Once you register for classes, a new USU email account will be created for you, and all official communication will be sent to that account during your time at USU.
8. Pay Tuition and Fees
$150 of your Enrollment Deposit will be applied as a pre-payment of tuition and fees on your account. Orientation will explain how to pay the remainder by the deadline for your first semester.
Stay in the know
par•ent: supports future Aggies in more ways we can list (but especially with free food and laundry)
We have plenty of resources and programs for parents at usu.edu/parents including informational podcasts, USU's Parent & Family Network, information about Parent and Family Weekend, helpful videos, and a way to make an appointment with our Parent and Family Coordinator if you have any questions.
on the fence
un•de•cid•ed stu•dent: will likely become an Aggie but is still considering other options
For a vast majority of students trying to choose a university, it’s not easy. There are a lot of options and tons of information. In the quest to digest and learn as much information as possible, we’ve curated a custom list to help students feel confident when they choose USU.
- USU’s residential campuses in Logan, Blanding, and USU Eastern in Price provide a traditional college experience and student life.
- USU’s 30 campuses and centers throughout Utah offer a variety of credentials or degrees while saving money close to home.
- USU Online gives students access to the same top-tier education with flexibility to fit your schedule anytime, anywhere.
- Explore over 170 degrees and programs. Some degrees and programs are only available at specific USU locations. Please contact a Statewide Campuses advisor to verify program availability.
- Watch Aggie Impact videos to see where an education from USU can take you.
- See what it’s like to be an Aggie on TikTok or Instagram. Follow your local campus or college by reviewing our Social Media Directory.
- Experience campus on a tour in-person or virtually.
- Check out the 100s of current clubs and organizations (you can always start your own, too).
- Estimate your cost to attend USU using our cost calculator.
- Discover the many scholarships to help cover the cost.
- Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Apply here.
At the end of the day, talking to a USU Admissions Specialist is going to be your best option in getting your questions answered and discovering what Aggie life is like — other than spending time on campus, that is.
Additional Student Information
Connect with other incoming students and receive important orientation information from the USU A-Team.
Take in the scenic views of campus and experience life as an Aggie from unique student perspectives.
View USU traditions, events, and student life through engaging videos.