HPER & HPER Pool
The Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (HPER) Building is an academic building shared by Campus Recreation, Athletics, and Academics. The HPER contains several classic workout and recreation facilities such as racquetball courts, two pools, basketball courts, and more. The HPER building was constructed in the early 1970s and has a retro feel and atmosphere.
Due to the renovation project, our HPER services are being modified:
- Starting Friday, August 19, the HPER Service desk will be closed.
- The pools and modified locker rooms will remain open during the renovation.
- Pool passes must be purchased at the Aggie Recreation Center (ARC) service desk prior to going into the locker room/pool. This desk is located at the south entrance of the ARC.
- All sales will be made at the ARC service desk. This includes swim lessons, plastic diapers and other pool related sales.
- Lane reservations are available for members only and must be made through the Rec Portal or as a walk-in reservation if available. We will not take any call-in reservations.
- All checkout equipment has been moved to the ARC Check Desk (North Entrance).
- HPER gyms have been assigned a sport of priority each night.
- If you need any other assistance, please notify staff working in the ARC.
- For the Summer, Beginning May 8th, gym spaces in HPER will be locked unless the space is reserved 48 hours in advance through Campus Recreation.
Other scheduled programming may impact these offerings.
- Aquatics Facility that houses a 6-lane, 299,440-gallon lap pool with high and low diving boards
- 102,660, 6-lane leisure pool for swim lessons and open recreation
- 2 Multi-Purpose Group Exercise Studios
- 3 Multi-Activity Gymnasiums
- 6 Racquetball Courts
- Employee Wellness Weight Room
- Locker Rooms
Large Pool (Pool 1)This pool maintains a cooler temperature of 80-81 degrees, ideal for tough workouts or just lap swimming. The pool is open during Lap Swim times. Space is limited, so patrons using the pool should be proficient swimmers. All patrons are to be respectful of others and practice good swimming etiquette (circle swim).
Small Pool (Pool 2)This pool maintains a warmer temperature of 86 degrees, perfect for teaching, learning, rehabilitation, playing and relaxing. This pool is open only during Open Rec Swim hours.