HPER & HPER Pool
The Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (HPER) Building is an academic building shared by Campus Recreation, Athletics, and Academics. The HPER contains several classic workout and recreation facilities such as racquetball courts, two pools, basketball courts, and more. The HPER building was constructed in the early 1970s and has a retro feel and atmosphere.
- Aquatics Facility that houses a 6-lane, 299,440-gallon lap pool with high and low diving boards
- 102,660, 6-lane leisure pool for swim lessons and open recreation
- 2 Multi-Purpose Group Exercise Studios
- 3 Multi-Activity Gymnasiums
- 6 Racquetball Courts
- Employee Wellness Weight Room
- Locker Rooms
Large Pool (Pool 1)This pool maintains a cooler temperature of 80-81 degrees, ideal for tough workouts or just lap swimming. The pool is open during Lap Swim times. Space is limited, so patrons using the pool should be proficient swimmers. All patrons are to be respectful of others and practice good swimming etiquette (circle swim).
Small Pool (Pool 2)This pool maintains a warmer temperature of 86 degrees, perfect for teaching, learning, rehabilitation, playing and relaxing. This pool is open only during Open Rec Swim hours.