We are excited that you are committing to Utah State University and look forward to having you join the Aggie family!
$200 Enrollment Deposit (applies to your first semester bill)All incoming undergraduate students pay a nonrefundable $200 enrollment deposit to confirm their intent to enroll at Utah State. This allows the university to project the right number of classes and resources for the coming year. The deposit covers:
- $50 New Student Services fee
- $150 prepayment of tuition and fees for your first semester
Paying the Enrollment Deposit:
- Secures your spot at USU.
- Allows you to begin orientation and register for classes once those processes open.
- Accepts USU scholarships offered by the Admissions Office (if paid by the scholarship acceptance deadline for a given semester).
- This process excludes federal aid and the Utah State Promise, which must be accepted separately at usu.edu/accept.
- Allows you to sign a contract for on-campus housing on a first-come, first-served basis.
(students beginning August 2024)
Opens Oct 2
(students beginning May-July 2024)
Opens Oct 2
(students beginning January 2024)
Postponing the Deposit for Financial Hardship
We are committed to providing access to our incoming students. A deposit postponement, granted in cases of financial hardship, allows you to confirm your enrollment without paying the deposit and accepts USU scholarships offered by the Admissions Office. If you are approved to postpone, you will pay the deposit as part of your first bill after your financial aid has been disbursed. A $50 new student services fee will be added to the first semester bill. Note: International students are not able to postpone their deposit, except for student athletes with an aid agreement.
Exceptions to the Enrollment Deposit
Students who do not need to pay the enrollment deposit:
- Students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Non-degree seeking and workforce development students.
- Students pursuing only a technical education (TE) certificate.
Students who do not need to pay the enrollment deposit but should submit the deposit postponement form:
A $50 new student services fee will be added to the first semester’s bill.
- Veterans using Chapter 31 or 33 VA benefits.
- Students using Vocational Rehab to pay for schooling.
- NCAA/NJCAA athletes who have signed an athletic aid agreement.
The enrollment deposit can only be paid online. If your card is being rejected, we suggest trying a new or incognito browser, using a different card, or contacting your bank to ask why the transaction is being declined.
Priority Deposit Deadlines
- Summer/Fall Semesters: April 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
Paying your deposit before the priority deadline gives you early access to sign a contract for on-campus housing, which is available on a first-come, first-served basis. On-campus housing fills quickly and spaces are not guaranteed. The priority deposit deadline is also the date you need to begin orientation so you can register for classes the day registration opens.
Scholarship Acceptance Deadlines:
- Summer/Fall Semesters: May 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
Scholarships may be canceled if a student has not confirmed their enrollment by the acceptance deadline or the deadline provided on the award notice. Confirm your enrollment by paying or postponing the deposit, or deferring your admission.