Aquatics and Safety Mission Statement
The Aquatics and Safety Program offers a safe and inviting environment supported by educated, enthusiastic and professional American Red Cross certified Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors. It is our mission to provide a diverse aquatic program and facilities for aquatic education, physical activity, and leisure to individuals with different needs and goals as well as educate participants on water safety practices.
Pool Pass Options
Pool passes are good for all Lap & Open Swim Times (children are allowed during Open Swim only. Passes can be purchased at the HPER Service Desk.
- Full-time Students: Free with valid USU ID
- Benefitted Faculty/Staff: Free with valid USU ID
- Student Spouse, Faculty/Staff Spouse: Free with purchase of Spouse Card at Registrar's Office
- Children of Students: Free with parent's valid USU ID (Open Swim times only)
- Alumni, Non-Benefitted Faculty/Staff, Visiting Scholars, Community:
- $3 children single-use pass (17 years old or younger, Open Swim times only)
- $5 adult day pass (18+)
- $55/semester membership
- $25 for 6 visits
- $48 for 12 visits
- $72 for 24 visits
- multi-visit passes may be purchased by anyone and are not based on Campus Recreation membership.
Frequently Asked Questions
For additional questions, not found here, please contact email@example.com or call the HPER Service Desk for answers.
- Individuals over the age of three are required to wear proper swim attire. Underwear, bra, and athletic shorts are not permitted in the HPER Pool.
- Children under the age of three are required to have both a swim diaper and plastic pants underneath their swimming suit as required by Utah State Law R392-302-30. Both diapers and plastic pants can be purchased at the HPER Service Desk.
How to Register for Swim Lessons
- Registration for swim lessons is managed through the Campus Rec Portal.
- Please review instructions on how to set up an account or access one you've already set up. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HPER Service Desk at (435) 797-1785 for assistance.