Utah State University Consumer Information

Utah State University participates in U.S Department of Education Title IV Federal Student Aid programs. As an eligible school, we follow compliance with federal regulations and are required to publish certain disclosures below:

Learn more about USU's steps to remain compliant:

Each educational institution that receives Federal funds for a fiscal year is required to hold an educational program about the U.S. Constitution.

In collaboration with USU Libraries, USU Student Financial Support invites students, faculty, and members of the general public to participate in annual programming to learn and access resources about the U.S. Constitution.

The annual programming includes, but is not limited to:

  • Pocket size U.S. Constitution Books
  • American flag lapel pins
  • Food and drinks
  • Themed photobooth
  • Option to sign USU's U.S. Constitution

The US Constitution and Other Founding Documents

The Department of Education published a letter on April 21, 2022 stating that all federal aid eligible higher education institutions should make a good faith effort to distribute voter registration forms to their students enrolled in a degree or certificate program and physically attending at the institution.

On June 16, 2022, USU Student Financial Suppport sent the following email to all students:

Postsecondary institutions play a critical role supporting our democratic process. Here at Utah State University, we are committed to ensuring that you have the information you need to engage in our electoral process. Below you will find resources to access information on voter registration and ways to get involved at USU or in your state of residence.

  1. To learn more about voter registration, including information on how to register in your State or Territory, please visit vote.gov. For Utah residents, please visit vote.utah.gov.
  2. To learn more about how to get involved at USU with the Government Relations Council, please contact studentadvocate.ususa@usu.edu.
  3. For students who are studying abroad and/or to learn more about military, overseas, and absentee voting, please visit fvap.gov. This website also provides the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), which allows students to register to vote and request an Absentee Ballot Request while abroad, and can be found at fvap.gov/fpca-privacy-notice.
  4. To learn more about how you can volunteer to become an Election Worker, please visit eac.gov/voters/become-poll-worker.
Utah State University participates in Federal student aid programs to increase financial aid opportunities for students. In accordance with section 487(a)(23) of the Higher Education Act of 1965, we are writing provide you with these resources to engage in our electoral process.

Federal and State Voting Information

Voting Assistance for Service Members, Their Families, and Overseas Citizens

Utah Voter Registration Form

Utah Elections Calendar