How long does it take to process an application?
Most applications are processed within four to six weeks. Once the admissions process is complete you will be notified by email.
What ACT or SAT scores and GPA ranges are considered for scholarships?
- Freshmen (Resident)
- Freshmen (Non-Resident)
- Transfer (Resident)
- Transfer (Non-Resident)
- Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE)
How much is tuition?
Tuition rates are based on residency status, credits taken, and where you live. Calculate your costs on the tuition & costs page.
Do you accept AP credit?
Yes, we recognize most advanced placement courses and credit is awarded based on the score received on the exam. Please visit the advanced placement exams link at www.usu.edu/ats/apclep/ap.html.
How do I make arrangements to visit campus?
We would love to host you on our campus for a day! During your visit our ambassadors will arrange for you to meet with a professor in your chosen major, schedule a meeting with an academic advisor, let you tour our residence halls, and provide information regarding scholarship and financial aid opportunities available at Utah State. Campus tours are available September - April at 10:15 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. on weekdays, and May - August at 10:15 a.m. on weekdays. To experience Utah State first hand, please visit www.usu.edu/admissions/campustour and complete the Campus Tour Request Form.
How do I get to Utah State University?
How do I switch from a USU Eastern associates/certificate program to a 4 year academic program?
Please review, complete and submit the Bachelor Degree Major Request Form
How do I audit classes?
- Create an account at applynow.usu.edu.
- Under I plan to enter USU as a:, select Non-Degree Seeking Student.
- After creating an account, Start an Application from your My Account page.
- Scroll down to Non-Degree Seeking Students and select the Non-Degree Seeking Application link.
- In the Academic Course of Study tab, you will be asked to fill out a Planned Course of Study. Under What is your educational intent select Audit or Audit Classes (Utah Senior 62 years of age or older) depending on applicants intent.
- Complete and submit the application.
- Review the Audit Guidelines
Once your application has been processed, you will receive an Admissions email. Then proceed with registration at the Registrar's Office, TSC 246. For help, please call the Admissions Office, 435-797-1079
Class Auditing Guidelines
Please be aware of the following guidelines if you wish to audit classes.
Current USU Students
Admitted students who wish to audit a class must register as auditors. Auditing is dependent on space, resource availability, and instructor approval. No credit or grade points will be granted. The regular tuition and course fees will be assessed. At no future time may students request or receive credit for the audited course by any other means than by officially registering for the course and doing the required work. Audit requests, approved by the instructor, must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office and tuition and fees must be paid before class attendance is permitted. Students are not permitted to register as auditors during Early Registration.
Utah Resident's 62 Years of Age and OlderHouse bill 60 (1977) permits Utah Residents 62 years of age or older to audit university classes. Classes which are full at the time of an audit request are unavailable. Credit seeking, full-tuition paying students have first priority in the registration process. A flat fee of $10 per semester, plus any course fees or special fees that may be attached to classes is charged for House Bill 60 (1977) registration.
Audit Application for Admission filled out through the Non-Degree Seeking application at applynow.usu.edu.
USU Employees and their Spouse (Visiting Scholars)
Complete the Audit Application through the Non-Degree Seeking application which can be found at applynow.usu.edu. Return completed Application for Auditing University Courses and Registration Options Form to the Registrar’s Office.
- Audit Application completed through the Non-Degree Seeking application.
- Application for Auditing University Courses and Registration Options Form (obtained from the Human Resources Department).
- Nonrefundable $10 Application Fee paid to the Registrar’s Office (spouse only).