About USU Ambassadors
Established in 1983, the USU Ambassador Program is focused on service and leadership.
Ambassadors serve the university, and the community. They participate in a variety of campus service activities & host an annual auction to raise funds for an individual or family in need. They also serve by cleaning an adopted highway and raising goods for food banks and other community organizations.
Ambassadors develop leadership skills and attributes by volunteering for leadership positions within the program, taking a leadership class each fall, and by hosting various leadership trainings for high school and junior college students.
Because successful participation in the Ambassador Program provides a scholarship for students actively participating in the program, it is very competitive. Every year around 700 incoming USU students apply and approximately 30 are selected. USU is looking for students who will best fulfill these objectives in the review and selection process. Students who have been involved in leadership in their school/community, are motivated, and who have a passion for Utah State are encouraged to apply.
Students interested in the Ambassador Program must first apply for admission at USU. Interested students must be accepted to USU and use their A# (student ID number) to access the online Ambassador Application. For this reason, we encouarge students to apply for admission by December 1, 2021 to ensure there is time to be accepted and to then complete the Ambassador Program application by January 10, 2022.
USU Eastern Leadership Opportunities
Additional leadership opportunities are available at USU Eastern.
Instagram logo | @usuambassadors
Connect with current USU Ambassadors by following us on Instagram to learn more about involvement opportunities, campus life, and more.
Freshmen & Transfer: 100% Tuition & Student Body Fees for the duration of the award.
Freshmen & Transfer: Renewable for up to 4 years or until graduation (whichever occurs first).
January 10, 2022
Must apply as a Senior in high school or while attending another insitution of higher education AND meet the following academic requirements:
- Freshmen: 3.5 GPA (for Fall 2022, an ACT/SAT is not required).
- Transfer: 3.2 GPA. If less than 24 Post High School credits are earned by January 10, must meet Freshmen requirements.
Review the following information closely as all items are required to apply for the Ambassador Program. Your application and portfolio must be submitted by midnight on January 10.
- Apply to Utah State University and be accepted. We recommend applying to USU by December 1, 2021 at the latest. You will need to be an admitted student (with an A#) to access the Ambassador Program application.
- Review required materials by accessing the application ahead of time.
- Submit the Ambassador Program Application:
- Complete online application and questions.
- Attach an electronic portfolio. This includes a maximum of 4 pages of graphics, visuals, certificates, etc. A portfolio is required and must be uploaded before you can submit your Ambassador Application.
- Submit two email addresses for online recommendations. The Office of Admissions will email your recommenders and ask them to submit an online recommendation.