About USU Ambassadors
Established in 1983, the USU Ambassador Program is focused on three objectives: (1) Recruit, (2) Serve and (3) Lead.
Recruit: Ambassadors represent Utah State University in a variety of recruitment events. They provide campus tours, visit high schools and colleges, host prospective students on-campus for a variety of events, and work with university administration as official student representatives of USU.
Serve: Ambassadors serve the university, and the community. They participate in a variety of campus service activities & host an annual auction to raise funds for an individual or family in need. They also serve by cleaning an adopted highway and raising goods for food banks and other community organizations.
Lead: Ambassadors develop leadership skills and attributes by volunteering for leadership positions within the program, taking a leadership class each fall, and by hosting various leadership trainings for high school and junior college students.
Because the Ambassador Program provides a scholarship for students actively participating in the program, it is very competitive. Every year around 700 incoming USU students apply and about 30 are selected. USU is looking for students who will best fulfill these objectives in the review and selection process. Students who have been involved in leadership in their school/community, are motivated, and who have a passion for Utah State are encouraged to apply.
Students interested in the Ambassador Program must first complete the Involvement Scholarship application. At the end of the Involvement Scholarship Application, students can choose to continue with the Ambassador Program application.
- Freshmen: 100% Tuition & Student Fees for the duration of the award.
- Transfer: 100% Tuition & Student Fees for the duration of the award.
- International: $4,000 - $5,000 per year for the duration of the award.
- Freshmen & International: renewable for up to 4 years.
- Transfer: renewable for up to 2 years.
- Freshmen: 108 index score & 20 ACT score minimum or 1060 SAT score minimum
- Transfer: 3.2 GPA & 24 post HS credits.