Welcome to our compilation page about the named spaces throughout Utah State University. Find a specific name by typing it into the search bar below.
For questions or information on naming an entity at Utah State University, please contact the Stewardship and Donor Engagement office.
Brigham City Campus
GEM Buildings is a premier full-service structural steel engineering/design and fabrication organization. The firm customizes creative, value-driven solutions to satisfy each client’s unique building needs and high standards of quality, schedule and budge...
C. Anthon Ernstrom (1922-1998) Nutrition and Food Sciences Building
In 1965, Carl Anthon Ernstrom was made head of the newly formed Department of Nutrition, Food Sciences and Industries at Utah State University. Almost immediately, he began promoting the idea of constructing a new building to house the department’s facu
Marie Eccles Caine and her eight siblings were raised in Logan, Utah. She attended the Agricultural College of Utah (UAC), now USU, where her husband George Ballif Caine founded the dairy sciences department and served as department head for nearly 40 yea...
Caine Lyric Theatre
The original Lyric Theatre was opened in downtown Logan in 1913 by the Thatcher family. The building was a replacement for the Thatcher Opera House that burned down on April 15, 1912 — the top news story in Cache Valley on the same day was the sinking of
Chuck & Gloria Bell Soccer Field
Chuck Bell served as the director of athletics at Utah State University from 1992 to 1998. During that time, Aggie teams captured 23 conference titles, competed in a pair of bowl games and participated in both the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament and the
Utah State University and its College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences announced a new School of the Arts in August 2005 to strengthen the creative arts programs at the university. The school, named the Caine School of the Arts, was built from a co...
Cyril Reed Funk Research Farm
The Cyril Reed Funk Research Farms were donated to Utah State University in 2015. The farms consist of two units, one in Richmond, Utah adjacent to the existing Richmond Research Farm and another in Dayton, Idaho. The purpose of the farms is to research t...
D. Craig Aston Park
The D. Craig Aston Park at 1400 N. 800 East in Logan sits adjacent to the Dale and Adele Young Greenhouse on the Utah State University campus. Aston, a retired senior lecturer in the Plants, Soils and Climate Department, worked at USU for more than 25 yea...
Dale W. and Adele C. Young Teaching Greenhouse
An agriculturalist, Dale W. Young has made his mark in the world and at home. He earned both a bachelor’s in 1942, and master’s in 1948, from Utah State University in agronomy, before completing a doctorate in chemistry and plant physiology from Iowa Stat...
Daryl Chase Fine Arts Center (1901-1984)
Ron and Janet Jibson Family Courtyard, Hansen Atrium, Max F. Dalby Rehearsal Hall, Nancy Peery Marriott Star Dressing Room, Laval S. Morris Lecture Hall, Sid Perkes Theatre Arts Complex, Art and Mary Heers Scene Shop, Morgan Theatre, Tippetts and Eccles G...
David B. Haight Center
It is the oldest state-built residence in Utah, yet wasn't built by the state and it's no longer a residence. Built as a “Model Farm House” for the new Utah Agricultural College (USU), it was home to the 12 presidents of Utah State University for nearly a...
David G. Sant Engineering Innovation
This building is dedicated to David G. Sant, a major contributor in its construction and for his generosity in funding many scholarships in Utah State University’s College of Engineering. David grew up in Franklin County, Idaho, with parents who instilled...
Dean F. Peterson Engineering
Dean F. Peterson Engineering, Richard and Moonyeen Anderson Wireless Research and Teaching Center, JUB Engineers Study Complex, Vance T. Christiansen Teaching Lab, Micron Digital Design Lab
Dee Glen Smith Spectrum
Dee Glen Smith Spectrum, Nate & Heather Wickizer Men’s Basketball Locker Room and Lounge, MerLynn Pitcher Women’s Basketball Locker Room and Lounge, Rod Tueller Men’s Basketball Team Room, “Hod” and Clover Sanders Room, G.H. “Herb” & Helen A. Champ Confer...
Steelcase Education Solutions Classroom, Gramoll Construction, Cisco Conference Room
Dolores Doré Eccles Center for Early Care & Education
Philanthropist Emma Eccles Jones would be proud to know that her sister-in-law, Dolores Doré Eccles, joined the legacy of support for educating young children.
Eccles Conference Center
Eccles Conference Center, Emma Eccles Jones Conference Room, S.J. and Jessie Eccles Quinney Conference Room, Marriner S. Eccles Board Room, Tupperware Room, Marigold N. Saunders Room, W. Adrian and Edna Wright Room
Eccles Science Learning Center
Eccles Science Learning Center, George H. and Billie Bush Emert Auditorium
Edith Bowen Laboratory School
Edith Bowen Laboratory School, The Whittier Bench, Kaye Rhees Kindergarten Classroom, The Beverley Taylor Sorenson Classroom, Anne Carroll Moore Library, The Theresa K. Eckenbrecht Allred Reading Theater
Emily Godfrey Research Farm
A 30-acre property in Clarkston, Utah that has been a working farm operated by members of the same family for more than 100 years, the Emily Godfrey Research Farm was donated by Scott and Michael Fuhriman and Carl Fonnesbeck. The farm is named in honor of...
Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services Building
Ernest A. & Eva M. Jacobsen Conference Room, Oral and Tacy Ballam Room, Joshua F. Siegfried Auditorium, Allan M. and Ferne P. West Room, Adele and Dale Young Education Technology Center, Izar A. and Carol L. Martinez, Dee A. and Belva W. Broadbent Room, T...
Emma Eccles Jones Early Child Education and Research Center
As home of one of North America’s premier hubs of early childhood research and education activity, the Emma Eccles Jones Early Child Education and Research Center reflects the creative, generous spirit of Emma Eccles Jones.
Adele and Dale Young Child Development Laboratory, Emily Elder Barrus Outdoor Imaginarium, Phyllis R. Snow Conference Room, Reva L. and W. Rulon White Auditorium, The Caine Room, Tanner Room
George B. Caine Teaching and Research Center
After graduating high school, George Caine enrolled in the Agricultural College of Utah (now Utah State University). At ACU he studied animal husbandry and graduated with a bachelor’s in 1912. Later that year he enrolled in the University of Missouri, and...
George D. Clyde Water Research Laboratory
The Utah Water Research Laboratory came into being at the convergence of an idea and some determined and farsighted individuals from Utah State University in the late 1950s. They foresaw the need for a focused investment in water resources research and ac...
George S. Eccles Business Building
George S. Eccles Business Building, Stephen R. Covey Leadership Center, Shingo Institute/ Shigeo Shingo Auditorium, FJ Management Center for Student Success, O.C. Tanner Lounge
Glen L. Taggart Student Center
Tanner Fountain and Plaza, Glen L. Taggart Student Center, Evan N. Stevenson Ballroom, B. Orson and Afton B. Tew International Student Lounge, Val R. Christensen Service Center, Neil O. Gruwell Senate Chamber
Health Physical Education and Recreation
George Ellis Doty attended the Utah State Agricultural College before serving as a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He graduated from Brigham Young University and attended medical school at Northwestern University. Elizabeth S....
The Smart Gymnasium offered exercise facilities for UAC student body, including a heated pool. More importantly, the facility provided a home for Aggie basketball, previously relegated to leasing facilities at its chief local rival, the Brigham Young Coll...
Alva C. Snow Hall, Bullen Hall, Ethelyn O. Greaves Hall, Helen Lundstrom Student Center, Jones Hall, Merrill Hall, Moen Hall, Richards Hall, Reeder Hall
Industrial Science - Altra Running Lab
The sewing and design lab in the Industrial Science building on Utah State’s campus was renamed the “Altra Running Lab” in 2017. The establishment of the state-of-the art lab brought together industry and education to better train students
Jake Garn Space Research Complex - Named after the former Utah U.S. senator and astronaut, the Jake Garn Space Research Building, provides additional room for Utah State University’s growing Space Dynamics Laboratory.
Janet Quinney Lawson (1922-2008) Building
The Janet Quinney Lawson building is one of the oldest buildings on Utah State University’s campus, but has undergone many changes. It did not always house the Information Technology department, as it does today.
Jim and Carol Laub Athletics-Academic Complex
Jim and Carol Laub Athletics-Academic Complex, Steve Mothersell Aggie Hall of Honor, J. Kenneth “Kenny” Seamons Equipment Room, Gary Andersen Family Locker Room, Randy and Becky Spetman Auditorium, Hunsaker Family Defensive Team Room, John Ralston Head Co...
Jon M. Huntsman Hall
In December 2007, Utah State University announced that its College of Business would be renamed the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, in recognition of a gift from Huntsman and his wife of $26 million. In 2016, Huntsman was the lead donor for the $50 mi...
LaRee & LeGrand Softball Field
LaRee Kesler Johnson was born in 1911, in Cove Fort, Utah. Her early years were split between Fillmore, Utah, and the family farm at Cove Fort. LaRee attended college in Cedar City, Utah. LeGrand was born in 1906 in Newton, Cache County, Utah.
Life Sciences Building
Along with research and education, plants were one of Gene W. Miller’s passions. It is fitting that the Life Sciences Building features an experimental garden, named in his memory, where Aggies can participate in hands-on learning.
In recognition of his early efforts in transferring research and technological developments to commercial uses, Utah State University dedicated its Technical Services Building to Logan business person Wilford W. “Chub” Lundberg. Lundberg was honored by th...
Maeser Chemistry Laboratory
Sherwin (Mac) Maeser was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, on May 1, 1922. Raised in Logan, Utah, he graduated from Utah State University (then the Agricultural College of Utah) with a bachelor’s in 1944. He graduated from the University of Utah Medical Schoo...
Manon Caine Russell Kathryn Caine Wanlass Performance Hall
Sisters Kathryn Caine Wanlass and Manon Caine Russell founded the Marie Eccles Caine Charitable Foundation, named for their mother, in 1981. Its funds financed the Manon Caine Russell Kathryn Caine Wanlass Performance Hall at USU, a multi-million-dollar s...
Originally named for E. Lowell “Dick” Romney, Utah State University’s all-time most-winning football coach and former athletics director, Romney Stadium was officially dedicated on Sept. 27, 1969. The first game in the stadium came a season earlier in 196...
Dr. Arthur W. Mahoney served as a professor in the Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences for 22 years. He died in 1992.
Milton R. Merrill (1904-1971) began his career at Utah Agricultural College (now Utah State University) in 1926, as an instructor of political science, within the School of Commerce. He taught courses in politics and history, later serving as department h...
In 1916, the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps Jim Bridger Battalion was officially established. The battalion was named after famous frontiersmen Jim Bridger.
George “Doc” Nelson served as Utah State University’s head athletic trainer for 38 years. He established the wrestling program at Utah State in 1923, where he coached the team to 13 state wrestling championships, 10 Western Division Rocky Mountain Confere...
Nora Eccles Harrison Museum of Art
Named for its benefactor, the Nora Eccles Harrison Museum of Art was founded in 1982 through a generous gift from the Nora Eccles Treadwell Foundation. The museum’s four-story, 23,000-square-foot facility was designed by architect Edward Larabee Barnes.
George A. Meyer, professor emeritus of languages and philosophy, was at Utah State University for 33 years, during which time he was a professor, department head and foreign student advisor. A gentle, quiet scholar, Dr. Meyer was a friend and advisor to a...
Ralph Maughn Track Stadium
Ralph Maughan’s association with Utah State University Athletics began in 1941 and spanned nearly five decades. Standing 6-foot-2, Ralph’s career as a USU athlete included lettering for four years in both football and track and three years in basketball.
Ray B. West
Constructed during World War I, Utah State University’s original Engineering Building was named posthumously for Dean of School Ray B. West in 1986. The College of Education moved into what is now the Ray B. West Building in 1962, following completion of
Ray L. and Eloise Lillywhite Building
The Ray L. and Eloise Lillywhite building is home to Utah State University’s Department of Communicative Disorders and Deaf Education that includes majors such as audiology, speech-language pathology and deaf education.
Richard and Moonyeen Anderson Engineering Building
Richard Anderson was born and raised in Brigham City, Utah, while Moonyeen Rigby grew up on a family ranch located at the base of the Teton Mountains in Wyoming. The two met and married while attending Utah State University.
Ronald V. Jensen Living Historical Farm
In 1970, former Utah State University President Daryl Chase envisioned a farm that would showcase agriculture “throughout the ages.” The idea began to take shape when former USU agriculture student Ronald V. Jensen purchased the 120-acre Grant Hill Farm o...
Ross A. Smart Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
The Ross A. Smart Animal Diagnostic Laboratory was completed and dedicated in 1994 on Utah State University’s main campus. Ross had considerable input into its planning, construction and implementation. He attended Utah State University for his pre-veteri...
S. J. and Jessie E. Quinney Biology Natural Resources
Seymour Joseph and Jessie Eccles Quinney left as true legacies their beliefs and philosophies of life. They gave unselfishly to their alma mater, Utah State University, where S.J. graduated in 1916 and Jessie in 1917.
S.J. and Jessie E. Quinney Natural Resources Library
Utah State University’s S.J. and Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources has a long tradition of providing mini-libraries for its students. Both the Fisheries and Wildlife Library and the International Range Management Library were started informal...
Sam Skaggs Family Equine Education Center
The namesake of Utah State University’s Equine Education Center is largely responsible for the completion of the facility. Founded in 1986 by L.S. and Aline W. Skaggs, the ALSAM Foundation aims to support education, among many other areas.
Science Engineering Research
These rooms made possible by the generosity of: US West, Room 101E TRW, Room 107 Harold W. Ritchey, Room 110 Mountain Fuel Supply: A Questar Company, Room 112 Chevron Oil Company, Room 113 Getty/Texaco Oil Company, Room 114
Skaggs Research Laboratory
L.S. “Sam” Skaggs, Jr., was born in 1923 in Yakama, Washington. His family moved to Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1932 where Sam attended local schools and later Westminster College. Sam served his country in the U. S. Army, Chemical Warfare Division during Wo...
Sorenson Legacy Foundation Center for Clinical Excellence
Utah State University’s Sorenson Legacy Foundation Center for Clinical Excellence is a 100,000-square-foot facility where integration of research, academic and clinical services enables training for students, interdisciplinary research among faculty and c...
Stan L. Albrecht Agricultural Sciences Building
Stan L. Albrecht was named Utah State University’s 15th president and assumed his new position on February 1, 2005. At the time of the announcement, Albrecht was serving as executive vice president and provost at Utah State. He previously served as dean o...
Stan Laub Training Center
Richard Stanley “Stan” Laub was born in Logan, Utah on November 1, 1958. He was raised in Logan and graduated from Logan High School. Stan’s life was tragically cut short in an automobile accident on May 23, 1982.
Steve and Dona Reeder Cross Country Course
Steven Todd Reeder was born on September 4, 1952, in Brigham City, Utah. As a boy, Steve worked in his dad’s cherry orchard and on his uncle’s farm in Box Elder. He graduated from Box Elder High School in 1970.
Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter
The Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter has a rich history. Its earliest origins date back to 1600s Native Americans, who honored the land by naming it Holy in the Sky. Two hundred years later, Brigham Young and the Mormon pioneers passed through what is now Sw...
USU Botanical Center
The H. Paul and Mary Jane Rasmussen Teaching Garden, adjacent to the Utah State University Botanical Center Greenhouse, is open to the public and is used extensively by the more than 150 students working toward degrees in the Utah State University off-cam...
The College of Eastern Utah (now Utah State University Eastern) Student Center was named for Jennifer Leavitt, the granddaughter of Helen Leavitt, who donated money to CEU to provide scholarships.
Uintah Basin Campus
Utah State University’s 75,000-square-foot Bingham Entrepreneurship and Energy Research Center is a state-of-the-art, high-tech educational facility in Vernal, Utah, where students are trained in business, entrepreneurship, accounting, education, engineer...
Wayne Estes Center
Wayne Estes was an All-American basketball player for Utah State University from 1963 to 1965. Wayne still ranks as the third-leading scorer in program history with 2,001 points, as well as the fourth-leading rebounder (893). He holds school records for c...
Old Widtsoe Hall, constructed in 1914-1915, was named in honor of chemist John A. Widtsoe, who was president of what was then the Agricultural College of Utah (now Utah State University). Dr. Widtsoe, a Norwegian, immigrated to Logan with his widowed moth...
In 1977, Utah State University students Scott Watterson and Gary E. Stevenson sat a kitchen table sketching business ideas on a napkin. The college classmates began with a small import business selling various items including wood-burning stoves and clock...