Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver
Keep the tradition alive
Did one of your parents or grandparents earn a degree from USU? If so, you can now attend Utah State and the nonresident portion of tuition will be waived. Follow your parents' or grandparents' footsteps and become an Aggie. We want you here!
To Qualify for the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver, a future Aggie must:
- Be admitted and meet academic requirements.
- Have at least one parent or grandparent who earned an associate degree or higher from Utah State University (application required.)
- Enroll at USU for the first time.
Starting Fall 2017 semester, new academic requirements are in place to receive the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver. Based upon academic history, an admitted student can qualify for one of three Legacy Waivers. All waivers are available until graduation.
- Incoming Nonresident Freshman
- Incoming Nonresident Transfer
- Legacy Waiver 1: 70% of nonresident tuition. 3.6-4.0 GPA.
- Legacy Waiver 2: 60% of nonresident tuition. 3.0-3.59 GPA.
- Legacy Waiver 3: 50% of nonresident tuition. 2.2-2.99 GPA.
Spring 2017 Semester: November 1, 2016
Fall 2017 Semester: January 10, 2017
Spring 2018 Semester: TBD
*Note: Awarding is on-going until the established deadline. We will not be accepting applications after the deadline(s) have passed.
- Time spent in Utah on the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver cannot be counted towards establishing resident student status. If you would like to discuss other options, please email Shelby Frauen-Riddle at Shelby.email@example.com.
- The Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver was implemented July 1, 2009 and made possible by the signing of House Bill 364. The addition of grandparents to the waiver was implemented July 1, 2013 and made possible by the signing of Senate Bill 51.
- Other requirements may apply. For further scholarship information, please contact the USU Admissions Office at 800.488.8108 or visit us in person at the Taggart Student Center, Room 102.