Utah Residency Status
Are you a resident of Utah?Yes, I am a resident
The Nonresident Legacy Waiver is only for Utah nonresidents.
Legacy Nonresident Waiver
The January 10th deadline to apply for the Legacy Nonresident Waiver for Fall 2018 has passed. USU will continue awarding the Legacy Waiver 3 (which waives 50% of total cost of nonresident tuition) to all admitted students, as long as there is available funding. By submitting an online application, students agree that the highest level of waiver they will be eligible for is a Level 3 (50% waiver) for Fall 2018.
The Legacy Nonresident Waiver may be awarded to undergraduate nonresidents who have at least one parent or grandparent who graduated from Utah State University. The waiver is good until graduation.
- Submit an online application for the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver before the advertised deadlines.
- Apply to USU as a first-time undergraduate student.
- Have at least one parent or grandparent who earned an associate degree or higher from Utah State University.
- Meet general scholarship eligibility requirements.
Legacy Waiver 170% off the total cost of nonresident tuition
Legacy Waiver 260% off the total cost of nonresident tuition
Legacy Waiver 350% off the total cost of nonresident tuition
Legacy Waiver 1Freshmen: 117-142 index score minimum
Transfer: 3.6 GPA minimum
Legacy Waiver 2Freshmen: 110-116 index score minimum
Transfer: 3.0 GPA minimum
Legacy Waiver 3Freshmen: 90-109 index score minimum
Transfer: 2.2 GPA minimum
- International students should contact Ben Wilkey for application information.
- Time spent in Utah on the Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver cannot be counted towards establishing resident student status. If you would like to discuss other options, please contact Nicole Larson.
- The Alumni Legacy Nonresident Waiver was implemented July 1, 2009 and made possible by the signing of House Bill 364. The addition of grandparents to the waiver was implemented July 1, 2013 and made possible by the signing of Senate Bill 51.
- Other requirements may apply. For further scholarship information, please contact the USU Admissions Office at 800.488.8108 or visit us in person at the Taggart Student Center, Room 102.