University Advising provides programs and advising services for learning and development outcomes of undeclared students. Advisors focus on a combination of major and career exploration. This includes course selections for learning experiences to promote self-reflection, values clarification, independence, and social responsibility for the achievement of personal, educational, and career goals.
- Advise undeclared, undeclared business, nursing and allied health students using research based theories regarding student development.
- Educate students in program requirements for intended majors and University requirements.
- Identify and promote student-centered programs and services that support the achievement of personal, educational, and career goals of students.
- Appraise students in an accurate and timely manner of related USU policies and procedures.
- Participate in Student Orientation and Registration (SOAR) activities that facilitate a positive transition into University life.
- Identify students experiencing academic difficulty, implement effective strategies, and provide ongoing support to resolve concerns.
- Design, facilitate and direct professional development programs and activities to enhance campus wide advising efforts.