Housing And Residence Life
Non-Trad Connections Class is having a toy and clothing…
Caine College of the Arts and the Leverhulme Trust…
This exhibit features Mike Daines and will be displayed…
Held in the Tippetts Exhibit Hall, Artist Plus Teacher…
Building Relationships in Diversity Groups: Exploration…
I love that everyone I live by is around my same age, so it's easy to make friends. There are fun activities so I can get to know my neighbors better. Living on campus is the way to go!
- Jaclyn C. (Senior, Aggie Village)
Single Student Residence Life Staff Application
- Applications are accepted all year for any open (vacant) position even though most hiring for the following school year is completed by Spring Break of each year.
- Priority deadline to apply for the Resident Assistant, Peer Mentor, or RHA position for regular start fall employment is December 15th of the previous year.
- Applications, however, will be stored year round and you may be contacted if or when 1) there becomes an unexpected vacant position mid-year 2) we begin our regular selection process in October of each year.
- Read the Job Description posted on-line for the position you are interested to apply.
- The general application is available to download on-line as a Microsoft Word Document. This will give you time to answer the questions and save your progress. After you have answered all the questions and have reviewed your responses for mistakes, you can submit; when you are all ready, simply send your completed Word Application to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- SAVE the Word document as you write and after you submit, just in case something goes wrong. It doesn’t hurt to have a backup copy.
- You are required to download and submit three (3) completed specific Residence Life recommendation forms as part of your application. You will bring these to the USU Main Housing Office or send them electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application priority deadline of December 15th; hard copy forms need to be given in signed, sealed envelopes. Select individuals that can speak to your leadership abilities, and be sure they are professional references. Residence Life student staff are great people to ask for recommendations! Avoid using family as references.
- Give yourself time! The application questions require thought, so make sure you plan to complete the application well before the due date.
- Be yourself! Don't be afraid to show the selection committee who you are by illustrating your personality through your responses. The more information you give, the more the selection committee will get to know you. Avoid one-sentence answers!
- All candidates will participate in an individual and / or group interview. An e-mail with the January group process (interview) dates to choose from will be sent to each applicant in mid-December. The e-mail message will contain a 'doodle.com' link.
- All applicants must also submit a ‘referral’ for the position on the USU Career Aggie portal; please find job position 39879 / Resident Assistant/Peer Mentor/RHA
Questions? Please contact Shannon.Jolley@usu.edu
- TBD, Central Campus (Bullen Hall)
- TBD, Student Living Center (Lundstrom Hall)
- TBD, Living Learning Community (Building A)
- TBD, South Campus (Merrill Hall)
ResLife Selection Class
- TBD, First Night of Class February
- Class meets each Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30pm – 6:30pm
- TBD, Final Night of Class March