Housing And Residence Life
USU photography students, partnered with the Bear River…
The Blind Hollow Yurt Reservations are open to everyone!…
NEHMA and the Merrill-Cazier Library present black &…
We have swim lessons for kids & adults. This will be…
3:45 Social in AGRS Atrium for each. Jan. 13, Brent…
Single Student Residence Life Staff Application
- Applications are accepted all year for any open (vacant) position even though most hiring for the following school year is completed by Spring Break of each year. Priority deadline to apply for the Resident Assistant, Peer Mentor, or RHA position for regular start fall employment is December 15th of the previous year. Applications, however, will be stored year round and you may be contacted if or when 1) there becomes an unexpected vacant position mid-year 2) we begin our regular selection process in October of each year.
- Read the Job Description posted on-line for the position you are interested to apply.
- The application is available to download as a Microsoft Word Document file. This will give you time to answer the questions and save your progress. When you have answered all the questions, you have reviewed them, and are ready to submit, simply send your Word Application to email@example.com.
- SAVE the Word document as you write and when you are done, just in case something goes wrong.
- You are required to download and submit three (3) completed specific Residence Life recommendation forms as part of your application. You will bring these to the Main Housing Office or send them electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application priority deadline of December 15th; hard copy forms need to be given in signed, sealed envelopes. Select individuals that can speak to your leadership abilities, and be sure they are professional references. Residence Life student staff are great people to ask for recommendations!
- Give yourself time! The application questions require thought, so make sure you plan to complete the application well before the due date.
- Be yourself! Don't be afraid to show the selection committee who you are by illustrating your personality through your responses. The more information you give, the more the selection committee will get to know you. Avoid one-sentence answers!
- Get a second opinion. It is always helpful to have someone else proof read your answers. At the very least, consult spell check. Poor grammar and misspelled words don't look good on any application.
- All candidates will participate in an individual and / or group interview. An e-mail with the January group process (interview) dates to choose from will be sent to each applicant in mid-December. The e-mail message will contain a 'doodle.com' link.
- Questions? Please contact Timothy Ledna at Timothy.Ledna@usu.edu