How to Implement the SmarterMeasure Readiness Survey
SmarterMeasure is a web-based assessment that measures non-cognitive attributes, technical skills, and readiness for online and self-regulated learning. Students receive a detailed report of their results with positive reinforcement and helpful resources. Since developed in 2002, SmarterMeasure has been taken by over 5 million students.
This assessment helps students identify:
- What is/are their preferred learning style(s)?
- Are they good managers of their time?
- Do they tend to procrastinate?
- How are their technology skills?
- What are your students’ strengths and challenges, collectively and individually?
Instructors can access the results and identify at-risk students and gain insight into what areas they may struggle. When students complete SmarterMeasure, they receive a full color report with feedback, suggestions for improvement, and resources for support.
The SmarterMeasure tool can be added as a module or assignment to your Canvas course by:
- Click the "Assignments" or “Modules” section of your course.
- Click the "Add" link.
- Enter a title, like “SmarterMeasure Survey”
- In the “Submission Type” area, choose "External Tool" and click "Find".
- Scroll through the list to find “SmarterMeasure” and click “Select”.
- Enter the additional assignment information (i.e. points, dates, etc.)
- Save & Publish the assignment or module.
After students complete the Survey you’ll be able to see their results and readiness profile.
The survey opens in a new window. A student’s browser should be configured allow browsers to open new windows. Instructions on changing browser settings can be found here.
As a work around, students can do the following (although these results will not be linked to the Canvas Course). Contact USU Online for the results, if needed.
- Go to: https://usuonline.smartermeasure.com/
- Select "Login as First Time User"
- Choose usuonline as the Username
- Enter the Password aggies2021!
For additional questions concerning the SmarterMeasure Assessment, please contact Kevin Shanley, Director of USU Online, firstname.lastname@example.org or 797-8177.