Division Activities and Events
Standard operating procedures and resources for students
All departments under the Division of Student Affairs will adhere to the following Student Activity and Event Standard of Operating Procedures (SOP) for all activities and events planned and executed for FY21 (or until further notice).
Activities are defined as:
- Specific to an office, group/organization and operational in nature
- Internal facing (not advertised to or open to the public)
- Can effectively control the number of participants
- Can easily educate participants about health and safety guidelines
Events are defined as:
- External facing
- Advertised and open to the public or guests outside of the USU campus community are invited
- An event, meeting, or retreat that includes multiple internal constituents that do not regularly interact, or where external constituents are invited to attend
All activities and events must be approved in advance by the Vice President of Student Affairs, Dr. James Morales, by completing the Student Activity or Student Events application form.
At least six weeks should be allowed for the event approval process. All events must comply with USU Travel and Visitor Standard Operating Procedures (link here).
Requirements and Checklist
Education & Resources
To get started, enroll in the Event Approval Processs Tutorial for information about event spaces including event space occupancy and how many particpants are allowed in these programmable spaces.
Application & Risk Management Plan
Determine whether you are planning an Activity or an Event. Fill out the application in detail. Be prepared with contact/sponsor information, schedule, location, type of event, justification, audience, explanation of organization, agreement to fulfill state, university, division requirements, and an explanation of how you will mitigate risk.
Submission for Approval
Logan - The Director over your department must submit your signed applications to the Vice President of Student Affairs, Dr. James Morales.
Statewide Campuses – Once the student sponsoring the event and their USUSA/Club Advisor have completed and signed the form they will submit it their corresponding Associate Vice President. The AVP will review and submit to the Vice President of Statewide Campuses Dr. Larry Smith
The Event Evaluation Form needs to be completed within five business days of the activity or event. It will be evaluated by the student events working group and then given to VP Morales.