Edit a Video in MyMedia
If you aren't too familiar with editing video, you can edit directly in MyMedia to make basic trimming edits.
In Canvas, in the global Navigation menu on the left, click Account, then click My Media
Click on the pencil icon in the top right corner of the video section
Click on Launch Editor to the right of the video
- Trim front of video by playing it to the location where you want it to begin and then click on the [ above the timeline marker
- Trim end of video by clicking on location where you want the video to end and clicking on the ] above the timeline marker
- If you want to cut something out of the middle you can use the splitting tool. Go to where you want to start and click the scissor icon
- Go to where you want to end and click the scissor icon again
- Click on the portion you want to delete then press delete on your keyboard
Click Save a Copy to retain the original full-length video
Give the edited video a new name and click the Create button
Exit the editor by clicking on the arrow button in the bottom left-hand corner of the editor
Click I'm sure when prompted to exit
Kaltura Editing Video Walkthrough
You can also learn more about how to trim or clip media by watching the video below.